O.C.D or just a quirk

I like things a certain way. I like things done a certain way. I like my piles of paper on my work desk to be neat. Even if I'm going to throw them out in a couple of minutes. (By 'throw them out', I mean put in the secure document bin for recycling.) I like the newspapers to be in a tidy pile in the work kitchen. I like the stools to be neatly in place under the bench. One day I was rearranging the things in the stationery/printer room because they had been (messily) put in the wrong place. A co-worker saw me, asked me what I was doing and then referred to me as 'Monk'.


Now, I've always been like this. I'll tidy up the greeting cards and magazines in newsagents. But never once have I thought of myself as having O.C.D. I still don't think I do. Of course, I've never actually seen a professional about it, but I still think they would agree with me. To me, O.C.D implies something more serious than what I do. I don't let it rule my life. It wouldn't stress me to leave something be.


Surely that's just human nature? Do you like things done a certain way? Would it bother you if something was  put in a different spot?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My Photo
Larissa
I'm a mum who (would you believe) is still trying to find her way. There's so many distractions in this world! A few years ago I enrolled to do a Bachelor's Degree in Naturopathy, now I'm questioning that decision. Currently re-exploring my creative side and this is where I'll be sharing it. Printables, drawings, my daughters creations, and whatever we whip up in the kitchen on the weekend. Explore, enjoy and don't be a stranger ;)
View my complete profile

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

About this blog