Deadlines. Can’t live with them, can’t live without them.

Deadlines are something that I need. Otherwise projects/work/whatever sits around for ‘tomorrow’. Sometimes though, deadlines can be annoying. Like this time of year. Every year, my work shuts down for a couple of weeks and every year, I frantically try to clear the pile of paperwork on my desk and every year the same thing happens.

About a month before holidays, I look at my pile and I think, ‘Yep. I’ll get it all done.’ And every time, I get more and more work. Each morning on my way to work, I run through what I want to get done. Each December, I especially want to tackle that pile and every day leading up to the holidays, my daily plan gets shot down in flames.

I know that we all just want to get everything cleared before the holidays, but everyone seems to think what they want me to do is more important that what I need to do or anything that anyone else has given me to do.

These are the times that I wish I was still paid overtime like my old job. I don’t mind staying back a bit to get more done, it’d just be nice to be paid for it.

Does anyone else find that the more you try to get something done, the more other ‘important’ things pop up?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My Photo
Larissa
I'm a mum who (would you believe) is still trying to find her way. There's so many distractions in this world! A few years ago I enrolled to do a Bachelor's Degree in Naturopathy, now I'm questioning that decision. Currently re-exploring my creative side and this is where I'll be sharing it. Printables, drawings, my daughters creations, and whatever we whip up in the kitchen on the weekend. Explore, enjoy and don't be a stranger ;)
View my complete profile

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

About this blog